June 5, 2009

Hey mom,

Sorry it took so long to write back. things are good! Austin and Hope were baptized this last wednesday. The service went awsome. I got to baptize Austin. It felt great.

So I am now in Monroe. My companion is Elder Faiva. He is from Tonga. He had to learn English in the MTC, too. So thats 2 of my comps so far that have spoken a differant language. But, he speaks much better english than Elder Tani. I have been made the Senior companion. I feel in over my head a lil' bit. But its all good it had to happen somtime.

So we had an appointment tonight with a part member family. We were teaching the youngest daughter who is 10. We are excited about this opportunity to teach.

I LOVE yOU. and tell dad I'm sending him a letter tomorrow. So love ya mom,

Love Elder Ballif

P.S. Tell Dad I got his letter and the GPS. Thanks!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------

Dad,

Hey dad. I did get your package. And just on time to. I got it then I went off to transfers. So I can tell you that I have been using it. Monroe is a little different but I think I’ll begin to find my way around.So my new companion is from Tonga. He had to learn English in the MTC. He is nice. He has been out for 19 months. President made me a Sr. companion. And I feel I am in over my head; Elder Faiva is understanding though.We are both going to be the senior. So we had a TA last night. Check out mom’s letter. There is great potential here in Monroe. And we will find it. And “Do Work!”Dad thank you so much for the GPS. That was my B-day present. I seriously don’t want anything. Maybe besides stamps. Thanks again Dad.I will write that page to Grandma Ballif this week. Love ya Dad

- Elder Ballif

----------------------------------------------------

Grandma,

Here is my testimony for your book.

I have a testimony of my Savior, who was Jesus Christ. I know he came as an example for the rest of us. That he suffered and died for us; that because of what he went through we will never have to go through such endless torment. That we can live again as he lives now.

I know that Jesus leads his church on this earth through a living prophet.

The prophet has the proper authority and keys necessary for salvation. And it is essential to use those keys to open those doors.

I know that authority was restored to Joseph Smith; that never again, will we live in darkness. I know…I know this to be true. That the true principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ are only taught completely and with the proper authority in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Jesus is the Christ; that’s my personal simple testimony. That Jesus Christ lived and died for me. That he lives again so I can live again. That he leads his Church here on this earth through a living prophet. I bear this witness in the name of my Savior and Redeemer, truly Jesus Christ.

- Elder Ballif