March 27, 2009

Dear Mom,

Hey mommy! What’s up? I miss hugging you. I miss your smell. It’s like a bear cub knowing his mom’s scent. I miss you in general. Laying on your bed and talking to you at night. Don’t worry, I’m not badly homesick. Just missin’ you all. But it’s ok if I wasn’t homesick; right, now then you didn’t do our job. But I am a little so you did good :-) . Well you have some big things all happening one after the other, don’t you? First, your favorite son goes on a mission then the other gets sealed. Now you have a nephew getting married. At least it’s all keeping you busy. Ha. I j/p. But you sound you have been having tons of fun w/o me! Ha that’s cool. Mom, I love you so much and want to hug you every night. But I’ll settle for the wait and give one big hug one in 2 years. Love you!

- Elder Ballif

----------------------------------------------------

Hey Dad!

What is up? Sorry I had you stop sending me food in the MTC, it’s just hard to eat anything there. They feed us so much we might explode.

But anyways, so this week has been tough. We were dropped by our investigator. He snapped at us when we went over to his house a couple nights ago to see how he was doing. BU it’s just frustrating, Dad. He felt the spirit, I know he did. It just is so hard to watch him harden his heart like this. But the work must go forward. We have other people we are going to start teaching. Hopefully that will go somewhere.

So yeah, other than that things are going great. It’s starting to warm up here too. Yesterday was the first time its broken 50 degrees since I’ve been here. Dad, I love you. And I miss talking with you about stuff. I want you to know I’m being a good missionary, the best that I can be. Love ya!

- Elder Ballif