March 28, 2009

Sky,

Ya man, mom told me all about those exciting events. So lets see, my first week here was tough. I was so… confused, frustrated, and lost. I was freaked out. But it got better. My trainer is Japanese. He had to learn English in the MTC. Isn’t that insane! He is funny. But way obedient, which is good. We get along just fine though. So ya, while we are talking about obedience… My mission is a no email mission. I know it’s not cool. But I like letters more. Mainly because there are 4 of us in this apartment and I get more mail in like 2 days that all of them combined in a whole week ‘Cheah’. But that’s only cause one of ‘em is from Japan and another one like never writes home. So I’ll take what I can get :-). I know I’m a punk :-), but anyways our first investigator dropped us. Man I hated the feelings that come with that. I was like crying. I felt so sad. But it’s all good we got like 3 other people we are going to be teaching. So that’s what’s going on here. What’s new? Love ya, Peace!

- Elder Ballif

P.S. It broke 50 degrees here for the first time since I’ve been here.