May 12, 2009

Mom!

Well talking to you all on Sunday was awesome. I loved it. But I figured I still should return you last 2 letters.

But first ha ha something just hit me…Mike should be going through the temple today. That’s awesome. How was the session? I wish I could be there.

So I got the driving forms. Thanks by the way. I really do appreciate it.

Thanks for the GPS. But you might wonna check online. One of the unwritten missionary rules or guidelines are never pay full price. So it might be a good Idea. But if I know Dad; he probably did that. But I was just reminding.

So I’m pretty good on stamps. I don’t write as much as I did 6 weeks ago. And I have about 80 stamps left. So like in July or something like that I might need some more. But I’ll let you know. But for now I’m good. I heard stamps went up to 44 cents actually, that is crazy. I know it’s only 2 cents, but that stuff adds up. Actually now that I think about it; you might as well buy more before they go up again to 46 cents or 50 cents :-(. Send as many as you want. Not too much though; don’t want you wasting money on me you could have used for bills. Now I’m rambling haha. But seriously, Mom, there really isn’t a thing I could do to fully thank you and Dad for all that you have done for me. So I’m going to try to serve my hardest as a missionary.

So Sky complains?...I write back every letter I receive. Including his; maybe he just needs to write more :-). Mom I love you. I am so thankful to have you as my nurturing best friend :-).

Love,
Elder Ballif

----------------------------------------------------

Papa! :-)

Dad what’s up! So ya, it was great talking to you on the phone. Sorry I’ve been spending so much money. I really will get better at it. I’m just getting used to it. I’ve never had to budget like this before. So I’m gonna learn quickly and do better.

So ya, send that GPS the cheapest way you can. I don’t need it badly right now. We know this area pretty well now. But I appreciate this so much.

Dad the mission is a lot harder than I thought it would be. It really is a trial. I have had more prayers and meditation in the last 3 months than I have in my life. It’s been worth it. It’s teaching me what kind of post-mission member I want to be.

Dad I love ya. And I love getting your letters. I must say yours are some of the ones I get the most excited when I receive them. But I love you and pray for your health constantly. See ya!

Love,
Elder Ballif

P.S. Can you get me Elder Conway’s address. I want to send him his happy one year out letter. :-)