May 3, 2009

Mom,
Hey mama. We had Stake Conference today, here in Mt. Vernon. It was good. It was a bit long for some of the investigators. This lady, Cristina has an anxiety disorder and when she comes to church she has to bring her prescription service dog. It was fun today though. Her friend Martin, who is a recent convert, sat and talked with her in the foyer. It helped her a lot. Martin is sweet. That’s how we met Cristina, as a referral through him. The Gospel just makes sense to him.

So I will ask my neighbors when I get the chance. But in the meantime would you be able to just send it to the mission office? And I’ll just destroy what comes to me, if I get it. Please, that would be great.

So Elder Cowan’s mom called you? That’s sweet, they are in Mesa. He is way cool. He went to Mt. View High School. He was in the District leaving after mine in my Zone in the MTC. There is an Elder Blaine Pitney that went to Mesquite High School; he went to the same mission as Elder Cowan. He went home from medical reasons. If you have and free time could you try to look him up somehow? Jut to see how he is doing. He might go back out. But apparently they don’t know yet. I heard about it from an Elder Justin Tran. If you find him, just say “Hi, I’m Elder Ballif’s mom.” He’ll probably say something like “No way, that’s sweet!” But if you have anytime I would appreciate it mom. I know you’re busy, but I figured I might as well ask anyway.

So ya, mom the whole quarters thing is just something I did to pas the time. The only one I’m looking for is South Dakota. But, I wanna find it out here. I just started it as something fun to do; oo send it with each letter.

Sky has told me about Texas in his letters. That’s crazy! What are they planning on doing?

Thanks for the picture by the way. It is way cool. Mom, I love you. And I’ll talk to you in a few days :-).

- Elder Ballif