April 25 2009

Mom,
Well, I have not recieved my driving records at all. So please send it again. I will need it in the next 2 months. Sorry I did not do it all before I left for the feild. It would have made things way easier.

And ya, I don't have any money left over for the next week. And ya, I bought a bike. My card isn't lost or anything. I have had to use it because the food is getting eaten, not just by me, but some take advantage of my kindness. I'll get better next month.

You are right about the sheets. I'm set. Don't worry about a fitted sheet.

My new comp is Elder Ellingson. He is the District Leader. He is way cool. This transfer is going to be great.

And ya, I write in my journal. Not every day but, I'm keepin' up. I'm good on garments. I'll let you know if I need any. Like for a birthday or Christmas present would be cool when they roll around. I really don't need anything now.

While we are talking about lists, could you find my black pocket knife and send it to me with some stuff when you can. And if you are wondering what a good Christmas gift would be...a GPS, Garmin Nuvi preferably. You can find it way cheep if you shop around. FYI It is not really important or anything. It would just be nice. Well, I love you!

Elder Ballif

----------------------------------------------------

Dear Dad,

Hey Papa Bear. What it is yo?! How are things? I think you are missing a page in your last letter. It had 3 but the last page looked like you were listing some stuff but started at number 5 :-). Ha, but I got you words of encouragement none the less.

Oh and I think my cells message code was like 5207 or something like that. If its not that mix those numbers around.

So ya, General Conference! Elder Holland’s talk on the Atonement was insane! I liked President Uchtdorf’s talk as well; his one on Sunday and in Priesthood. Dad that’s awesome you are a Ward Mission Leader.

Dad, can I give some info? Be there for the missionaries. The ward I’m in we have a great Ward Mission Leader. He pushes on everyone to get stuff done right. We have a great Stake and Ward. :-) (No Pride whatsoever ;-)). And the quicker the missionaries get to know the Ward, Stake and members, the quicker they can use them as resources. The missionaries are the member helpers for missionary work. And when the ward is proactive with the missionaries; now, that’s with the work gets done. The members in our ward here in Mt. Vernon are pretty sweet. Well dad, I believe in you. And I know you believe in the Lord. I love you dad! God be with you til we meet again.

- Elder Ballif