February 18, 2009 (First Day @ MTC)

Dear Mom & Dad,

Today was the first day at the MTC. It was good it seemed kind of long; but, only because a lot of it was orientation. Tomorrow we will be the first of the next two years. I look forward to it.

My companion is Elder Reed. He is from Mesa, Arizona. He is awesome. I know it’s the first day but I can just tell. Besides, he was called to be our district leader. I am the senior comp though. Brother Christensen told us we are not to rule over each other, but conduct for each other.

Well Brother Christensen challenged me to finish reading The Book of Mormon before I depart for the field. My district is really awesome. Elder Jones wanted to set a goal to read and said “Well Heck, let’s just read with ya.” He is a good Elder. Love you, I really have to go to sleep its already 10:35 PM.

Love,
Elder Ballif