July 13, 2009

Mom,

Hey lady. What is new? This is awesome about Jon getting his call to Tacoma Washington. So how was your 4th of July? It is crazy here; fireworks everywhere. And I mean everywhere til like 1AM. It was insane. How did you like the pictures that I sent in Dad’s letter?

So things are slow here. But some good things are starting to happen, so that's good. Elder Faiva and I are going to be companions here in Monroe for the next six weeks again. But the work is going to be a little better this transfer than last. So I am excited. The ward is great here. They are getting excited.

Well I love you mom. There is this lady in the ward next to ours that reminds me of you a little bit. Except for she swears a lot more (Ha! Ha! she is a RC). But her mom looks a little like you accept for she is quite older. Like if she looked 30 years younger, you might get you two mixed up (Ha! Ha!).

I am getting fed well don't worry. Maybe a little too well; I am back to 250 again. Can you and dad check my bank account. I think there is something wrong with the machines here. When I check them, they always show more money than I think I should have; and that $75 charge in Bellevue was for garments. We had a temple trip, so I grabbed some garments myself. Some different kinds that I heard are nice. But I'm going to wait to open them until I need them. Unfortunately I forgot to grab my camera for the trip. So there are no temple pictures this time. It looks beautiful from the outside; but the inside is like the Provo Temple. So I felt a little claustrophobic. Well love you!

- Elder Ballif