September 14, 2009

Hey mom,

Sorry I had to send those letters and the tape, so I used those pants as box filler. It was a flat rate package so it would have cost me $5 or $6 regardless. So I figured, “what the hay”.

Well, do you know John’s field address? I want to have a letter waiting for him. Tell Gio to write me. He stopped once he got home.

So ya, I'm all better now. I had that cold for two months almost.

And ya, they all say they should write but they don’t, haha!

Mom read Alma 26:2-4. You’ll like it. It goes right along with your Relief Society Experiment. :-)

So, Gpa Ballif has prostate cancer? I'll be sure to remember him in my prayers.

Well today is my second day being 20 :-). So let me tell you about my weekend. Okay, so we went tracking Saturday morning down a street we hadn't hit yet. And we came upon these two girls that were having a yard sale. And as we walked up to the porch one of them says, “Are you going to buy something?” And my companion introduces who we are and why were there. And she said the same thing again. I then said, “I'll tell you what, if I buy something, will you let us teach you something?” And she said, “Deal”. So I looked around for something I could actually want to keep. And I went over to the blanket covered with books. And right in the front there was a series pack of “The Chronicles of Narnia” book series. So I had to have a classic series like that, haha! :-) She said that’s two dollars. So I forked over two ones. And we taught them the Restoration. We have a return appointment with one of the girls today. It was a way cool experience.

Then on Sunday we had a Regional Stake Conference, broadcast. It was for the Stakes of Washington and Alaska. We got to hear from two of the 70’s, along with Elder Nelson and President Monson. It was cool. Then we had Cottage Meeting at the Mission Home. Which is were a few recent converts speak on their conversion and we bring Investigators and recent converts. It was a real good meeting. Afterwards this family that I have gotten really close too threw me a b-day party. Like balloons, streamers and ice cream cake. And they even got me presents when I told them not to. Haha! :-> I was very appreciative for everything they did. It was really cool. But ya, that was my weekend. :-)

Love you mom.
-- Elder Ballif