August 14, 2009

Dad!

It is so nice to hear from you! I missed your letters. Thanks for the stamps as well. I should be good for a few more months, hopefully. :) I guess it depends on how many people write me. For the first three months I was getting about fifteen letters a week. It was like 2-3 letters a day. I loved it! :) But to keep up I wrote letters on week days. Now I get nine letters a week if I'm lucky, but I only write letters on Sunday night (p-day eve) and on P-day. I know this has helped keep me focused. No matter how many letters I get, I'm not going to write and send letters in the weeks unless it's an emergency.

Well, with regards to the package you sent, I got it, but not on July 17th. It got here on August 4th, and it was awesome! :) The rice crispy treats were great! I loved them. They were gone that same day. And I'm currently working on sending that tape back with some added commentary on it.

So, with regards to my last letter-that might have scared you a bit. I can't even remember all that I wrote, but let me explain. When I wrote that I was feeling inadequate, then I started praying more, and now it's all good. Funny how that works. Sometimes we only receive help when we ask for it. Soon after that letter I had an interview with my mission president. I talked to him about how I felt that I had failed my first time as a senior companion. We discussed what I needed to do better to turn things around. Things have improved. I was just sad because I wasn't being better than I very well could have been. I have been praying and studying more, which has helped tons!

So, Kayleigh and Jen are coming back, but what about Sky? Are they moving back or just coming back for a little visit?

So, Elliott is back? It is insane how fast time flies. It is crazy to think that only six months ago I was home playing with Kayleigh and Soren.

So, Soren's right eye was the black one, right? I can still kind of see it in that picture you sent. Sofie looks grumpy, haha. So, Becca is having a kid? What the heck? I'm sending her a letter. I thougt we agreed no one was going to have a kid while I'm gone. I'd be fine if she got pregnant in like eight months. Then I would fine with it. I'm totally just kidding. That's great! Well Dad, thanks for the letter and words of encouragment. I love you.

Thanks. --Elder Ballif