December 29, 2009

Hey mom,

Well I talked to you four days ago. And I loved it! Well, let me give you an update on the area. We just had Rob get baptized, it was great. Definitely the largest baptism I've ever been a part of, nearly 200 people. We have a running joke with the Balderas family; kind of that Rob was a “High-Profile baptism” :->. But ya, I love that family so much. I know I will keep in touch with them for the rest of my life; the same with the Zucati family in Monroe. They came to see me last week. I've it was nice to see them. So the new stuff going on! Bishop Brown has challenged a family to be baptized in February. We are excited. They are a really nice family their last name is Anglin. The dad's name is Marc or Mark? The mom's name is Cori and they have two sons Daniel and Gabriel. Daniel wrestles. It's fun talking to them about some of his tournaments and stuff. I think Daniel is 12 and Gabriel is eight or nine. We are excited to get to know them a little better.

Ya, other than the Anglin's, we will begin teaching the Tysons this January. Okay, so the Sunderland's live with our WML and are members. Their friends are Sherry and Terry Tyson. Sister Sunderland has talked with Sherry tons about the Gospel. She has given her pamphlets, the BofM, and even read some stuff with her (including Joseph Smith history/The First Vision). So ya, a few weeks ago Sister Sunderland invited Sherry and her husband to have the lessons with us in the Sunderland's apartment; and she accepted. The Sunderland’s went down to Utah for Christmas. They just got back this week and we were looking forward to beginning the lessons.

Well that's what's going on here. Oh ya, so we got transfer calls today and it looks like Elder Reed and I will be together for another six weeks. We kind of knew that both of us are going to stay. Just kind of a feeling we had.

Well I love you mom. Talk to you later!

-- Elder Ballif